Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Zucchini Almond Hummus Wrap

 
My friend and I went to this amazing Raw Food Bar in Utah Omar's Rawtopia! It was seriously AMAZING! We shared the "Bean Burrito / Falafel" and "Tabouli / Hummus" Combos. The food was so fresh and utterly fabulous! I came home with a determination to create some similar dishes in my own kitchen! I started with this hummus! I was inspired that Omar's is made of sprouted almonds and I was also inspired by a recipe of Matt Amsden's that is zucchini based.  I "played" in the kitchen and ended up with this zucchini almond hummus! You can serve the raw hummus in cabbage or romaine leaves. I have added different combinations of veggies and sprouts depending on what I have in my fridge! My husband and I LOVE these and have even taken them on a picnic! I keep the leftover spread in my fridge for a quick lunch!

Zucchini Almond Hummus Wrap
4 small zucchini, ends removed and cut into big chunks
1/2 cup fresh lemon juice (approx 4 lemons)
1/4 cup EVOO
3/4 c raw tahini
3-4 cloves fresh garlic (depending on your spice comfort)
1 t salt
1/2 T cumin
1/2 t ground coriander (optional for additional spice)
1 cup almonds (soaked for 8 hours for added nutrients if desired)
Mix everything in a vitamix until smooth. Serve in cabbage or romaine leaves, garnished with desired combination of sprouts, grape tomatoes, avocado, bell peppers, carrots, etc.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment