Friday, January 11, 2013

Mediterranean Hummus Layer Dip

This is my new favorite dip!!  I was inspired by a recipe from pinfoody and decided to make my own version of course. It turned out amazing! I made it for Christmas Eve and New Years Eve and I'm already craving it again...looks like I will be making it soon!

Mediterranean Hummus Layer Dip
2 cups hummus
(Cilantro pesto)
one bunch cilantro, minus small handful
3 garlic cloves
1/3 cup EVOO
1/3 cup pine nuts
1/2 t salt
pinch pepper
(Veggie Layers)
1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
1/2 large cucumber, seeds removed, chopped
1/2 cup kalamata olives, finely chopped
3 pepperoncini peppers, finely chopped
small handful cilantro, chopped
paprika for garnish
 Spread hummus on large platter. Make cilantro pesto by adding all ingredients in a food processor and mix until blended. Spread over hummus. Top with tomatoes, cucumbers, olives, peppers and cilantro. Sprinkle paprika as a garnish. Serve with veggies, pita chips, flax crackers, etc. For Christmas I served it with this veggie Christmas tree and some other veggies!


No comments:

Post a Comment