Tuesday, March 19, 2013

"Better Than" Ranch Dip

Every child and adult loves a good ranch dip.  I have been striving to make one that tastes similar to my favorite brand, but with much healthier ingredients and NO MSG!! This is pretty close...my daughter told me it was "better than" our old ranch dip, so hence the name!

"Better Than" Ranch Dip 
8 oz sour cream
1/2 t dill weed
1/2 t dry chives
1/4 t onion powder
1/4 t garlic powder
1/4 t dry parsley
1/4 t dry oregano
1/4 t celery seed
1/4 t Himalayan salt
1/8 t black pepper
zest of one lemon
Mix everything in a bowl with a wire whisk and serve. Keeps well in the fridge. My children will gobble up raw veggies if I serve it with this special dip!

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It took me forever to get this just right! I think the secret is the celery seed and dill combined with fresh lemon and pepper!

      Delete
  2. I don't think mine has the dill. I used green smoothie girls recipe for salad dressing only I use sour cream.

    ReplyDelete