Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Healthy Tip: Eat Small Portion of Special Desserts

When you want to splurge and eat a special dessert, there are a few things that can help you stay on track. First, I try to reserve eating desserts only for special occasions.  When I eat a dessert, I make sure it is something I know I will really enjoy and WANT to savor and eat!  (Not something I will be frustrated that I ate afterwards.) For instance, my friend gave me a special, homemade cupcake and I treasured that dessert! A store bought cookie definitely will not tempt me! Next, just eat a small portion of the dessert...like a few bites. And eat them slowly! You will savor those few bites just as much (or more!) as eating the entire dessert. Another idea is to share a dessert with someone else!  This is what my husband and I do when we go out for a special occasion!

No comments:

Post a Comment