Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Apple Blueberry Green Smoothie

 Sometimes putting certain colors of fruit in green smoothies helps my children eat them. Case in point, my son does not really love drinking green smoothies if they look too green...I have found that putting blueberries in his green smoothie makes it a more purple/gray/dark green color and then he gobbles it right up. Hence the creation of the apple blueberry green smoothie! (My son LOVES apples and he usually wants to try whatever I make if it has apples in it.)
 Apple Blueberry Green Smoothie
1 cup water
2-3 cups spinach
2 cups frozen blueberries
1 apple
1 frozen banana
1 T raw agave (optional)
Place all ingredients in Vitamix and blend well. Remember to add ice if you are using fresh blueberries/bananas instead of frozen. And of course serve it with a special smoothie straw! Makes approximately one quart. 

No comments:

Post a Comment