Tuesday, July 3, 2012

RAW "5 Tastes" Soup

My sister and I went to a RAW FOODS class last week and I have been enjoying making some of the recipes they shared with us.  This one is a raw soup, perfect for summer time!  It has all the "five tastes" that you look for in food...SWEET, SAVORY, SALTY, SOUR, and BITTER!!  It has AMAZING flavor!! I adjusted the recipe a bit to make a thicker soup...my adjustments are included!

2 cups filtered water
1/3 cup EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
1 lemon, juiced
1" piece ginger
1 garlic clove
1/4" - 1/2" piece jalapeno pepper (I used 3/4" but no seeds)
1 apple (I used granny smith)
2 stalks celery (I keep tops on)
handful of parsley or cilantro (I used cilantro)
1/2 cup grated carrot (I used 1 cup)
1/2 cup grated parsnip (I used 1 cup)
1 red bell pepper, diced (I used 1 extra large)
1 avocado, diced (I used 2)
sea salt to taste (I used pink Himalayan salt)

In a Vitamix, add water, EVOO, lemon juice, ginger, garlic, jalapeno, apple, and celery. Blend until completely smooth and slightly warmed. Add cilantro/parsley and blend until finely chopped. Poor into serving bowl and then add carrot, parsnip, red bell pepper, avocado, and salt to taste. Serve immediately, or store in fridge in a sealed glass jar for up to three days.

No comments:

Post a Comment