Monday, July 2, 2012

RAW Zucchini & Carrot Noodles With Spinach Pesto

I have been so busy trying new recipes that are RAW from my RAW foods class I went to with my sister at the LDS Holistic Living Conference last weekend! It was truly amazing and I came home very inspired and so excited to try some new things!  This was the first thing I made...it was amazing!!  I do not have a spirooli YET, so I had to make my zucchini noodles with a shredder! But I will include a picture of my sisters...she has a spiralizer and they look amazing!! I also added shredded carrots to mine because I thought it would be a pretty color and flavor...but that is not in the original recipe. Enjoy!

RAW Zucchini & Carrot Noodles With Pesto 
zucchini, made into spiralized noodles
I added shredded carrots
tomatoes, chopped for garnish
red bell peppers, chopped for garnish
pine nuts, handful for garnish

Spinach PESTO
1 cup EVOO
1/3 cup soft nut or seed (pine nut, almond, cashew, sunflower)
3 garlic cloves
1/2 cup fresh basil, oregano, parsley or 1T dry Italian seasoning
 (I used mostly fresh basil and some oregano)
1 cup organic baby spinach
1 t sea salt
Blend everything in Vitamix. Stores in fridge for two weeks. Put on top spiralized zucchini noodles garnished with tomatoes, red bell peppers, and pine nuts if desired.

This is what it would look like with zucchini spiralized noodles!

Here is a version with just the red bell peppers on top-
It is a very versatile recipe!!



No comments:

Post a Comment