Wednesday, July 4, 2012

RAW Tomatillo Salsa

Another AMAZING recipe from my Raw Foods Class! It is my new favorite salsa and I have been putting it on EVERYTHING!!  SO SO GOOD! It is shown on a sesame flax cracker. (Recipe to come!)

Tomatillo Salsa
1 onion (I used yellow)
2-3 cloves garlic
1/2 jalapeno pepper (more/less depending on your spice comfort)
10 tomatillos, husks removed
4 tomatoes
1/2 bunch cilantro (I used a little more)
2 avocados
juice of one lemon
salt and pepper to taste
Blend onion, garlic and pepper in a food processor until mixed well.  Add remaining ingredients and pulse to desired texture. Enjoy!

This is what a tomatillo looks like...kind of like green tomatoes! They are a staple in Mexican cooking and are excellent in sauces and dressings...think green verde sauce and Cafe Rio salad dressing!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment