Friday, May 4, 2012

"Clean Out The Fridge" Meal

One of my favorite meals as a child was... fresh Utah peaches, fresh tomatoes from our garden with salt and pepper, fresh corn on the cob, and fresh squash from our garden with melted cheese!  Talk about FRESH...except for the cheese! :)  It was the perfect Summer dinner!

I think simple meals can often be some of the best!  My family and I often have what I like to call a "clean out the fridge" meal! This basically consists of cutting up a couple different kinds of fruit, along with finding several different veggies to chop up and/or cook. (I like to have some cooked and some raw if possible.) 

"Clean out the fridge" meals are extremely easy to prepare and do not require any planning. You can use up whatever extra veggies and fruits you have on hand, and it is definitely healthy!! Here is an example of such a meal we had this week...strawberries, pineapple, corn on the cob, vegetable oven fries, and salad! It was simple, yet satisfying!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment