Sunday, May 13, 2012

Healthy Tip: Be Accountable

Accountability is an obligation or willingness to accept responsibility or to account for ones actions

It is definitely hard to be accountable in any area of life that requires willpower and discipline. Willpower is a finite resource, and we usually save it for when it really counts - that is, for when we will have to be showing results to people other than ourselves. This is why I believe it is crucial that you find someone to account to... such as a close friend, a relative, a significant other, or someone whose esteem you value. When you are sharing your journey-your successes and struggles-with someone else, it makes you more accountable to them and to yourself. You will always have an excuse for yourself, but other people won’t accept excuses so easily. Others can also cheer you on and help inspire you! I have several friends that I stay in contact with about my journey to health. This helps me stay motivated and be accountable to myself! It definitely is a motivating factor to be able to share my journey with someone else.


No comments:

Post a Comment