Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Healthy Tip: Buy a Juicer

After I was inspired by the show "Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead" I read several books on juicing, started researching juicers and bought a juicer! There are two main types of juicers: centrifigal and masticating juicers. They each have their benefits and you definitely need to decide what your needs are.  If you are truly interested in getting serious about juicing, I would check out the following...

In my opinion, here are the basic pros and cons of each...

Masticating Juicer
Pros: better at juicing greens, slightly more nutrition in juice, more quiet
Cons: more expensive, harder to clean, takes a lot more time and energy

Centrifugal Juicer
Pros: less expensive, easier to clean, fast

Cons: not as effective at juicing greens, shelf life of juice not as long

Price was a HUGE factor for me, as well as finding a juicer that was easy to clean and would also make juicing a super fast process. I personally went with a Centrifugal Juicer for now. I bought the Breville Juice Fountain Plus JE98XL because...it is a great juicer at a price I was willing to spend right now (I got a great deal- $120 with coupon), it is easy to clean, and has a 3" extra wide mouth feed shoot which makes juicing very easy and FAST!! I do LOVE it!! ...but, I also plan on eventually buying a masticating juicer so I can extract even more juice from my greens.  I plan on buying the Omega 8006 Juicer some day!! ($300) My sister has it and she loves it!

1 comment:

  1. The Omega 8006 masticating juicer is SUPER easy and fast to clean! It takes 1 minute. Seriously! And although the shoot is smaller it is still fast to juice. I love it!

    ReplyDelete