Thursday, May 3, 2012

Root Vegetable Oven Fries


I really like oven fries! They are easy to make and oh so delicious! I used sweet potato, white potato and carrots...but they would also be delicious with other veggies such as turnips, rutabagas, parsnips, brussels sprouts, and onions.

Root Vegetable Oven Fries
1 Sweet Potato
1 White Potato
3 Carrots
EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
No-Salt Seasoning
Himalayan Pink Salt
Peel all vegetables and cut into "fries." Make them as thick or as thin as you would like. 
 
Spread vegetables out on a baking sheet. Toss with EVOO and then season liberally.  I really like the Kirkland brand "no-salt" seasoning. There are 21 spices so it really adds a lot of flavor!! I also add some Himalayan pink salt!
 
Bake at 425 degrees for 20 minutes.  Turn veggies over and bake another 15 minutes or until desired texture.

3 comments:

  1. Where do you get your Himalayan pink salt? Do you think it's better than real salt?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Himalayan Pink Salt is THE BEST!! (Yes better than real salt.) It is a pure, hand-mined salt that is derived from ancient sea salt deposits. It has a rich mineral content that includes over 84 minerals and trace elements. It is the purest form of salt on earth! I was lucky enough to have a friend give me some...because I have only been able to find it on the internet! Look up what Greensmoothiegirl has to say about this salt as well! Very interesting!

      Delete
    2. http://www.YourSaltLamps.com

      I am going to try this place I think when I order some...

      Delete