Monday, May 14, 2012

Kale & Brussels Sprouts Salad

  
I love Brussels sprouts, especially in soups, but I had never thought to make a salad out of them until I saw a recipe in my Power Foods book! This recipe is adapted and jazzed up a bit from that recipe. I made it for Mother's day and it turned out fantastic! It is super crunchy which I love in a salad, very healthy and a little sweet & sourness from the dressing...Perfect combo!!

Kale & Brussels Sprouts Salad
1 lb Brussels Sprouts, bottoms trimmed and finely sliced
4 large kale leaves, center stalk removed and finely sliced
1/2 cup raw sunflower seeds
1/4 cup dried cranberries, naturally sweetened

 Dressing
2 T fresh lemon juice
1 T grainy mustard
1 T pure maple syrup
2 T EVOO
salt & pepper
Mix dressing together and then add to greens right before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment