Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Healthy Tip: Get the "Unhealthy" Food Out of Your Home

When I truly decided I wanted to live a more healthy lifestyle, one of the first things I did was get rid of all the unhealthy food in my pantry and fridge. I knew I was making a lifestyle change and I wanted to get rid of everything in my house that I did not want to eat so I would not be tempted!!

I started with my pantry...white flour, sugar, white pasta, white rice, anything with sugar in it, etc. Then I started getting rid of things in my fridge...cheese, cow milk, butter, sour cream, etc. It has helped me tremendously! And even though my children sometimes say we have "nothing to eat"...I know that this just means we only have "healthy" things to eat in our house and they want something to eat that is not so healthy!  I always know we will have plenty of chances to eat treats and other unhealthy food somewhere besides our own house!! This is what works for me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment