Sunday, April 22, 2012

Basic Go-to GREEN SMOOTHIE Recipe

Here is a very basic, but delicious recipe that is my SIMPLE GO TO recipe for a green smoothie... This is the perfect amount for me for breakfast.  If I double it, there is enough for me and my two children!

1 1/2 cups water
3 cups spinach 
2 cups frozen strawberries or frozen tropical fruit
1 frozen banana

 Add all ingredients to blender (I use a Vitamix) and blend until smooth! Use more liquid if needed. Also, if it is not quite sweet enough for your taste buds at first, here are a few tricks: start with less greens and slowly build up; add a bit of the herb Stevia, dates, or some raw blue agave to your smoothie to sweeten it until your tastes change and you are more accustomed to just fruit and greens; instead of water, use almond/rice/coconut milk. I also buy special cups and smoothie straws for my children to make drinking green smoothies even more special!!  Enjoy!!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds amazing! Cant wait to try! I want a vitamixer! :( Hopefully soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Start saving for a vitamix TODAY!! Save $10/day and you will have it in a month and a half!!

    ReplyDelete