Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Whole Wheat Pancakes


My children LOVE pancakes...so I decided to create a recipe that I would feel good about serving them for breakfast. Add some fruit and you have a balanced, delicious start to the day!! My children just gobble these up!

Whole Wheat Pancakes
3 T coconut oil
1 T honey or pure maple syrup
1 cup plain rice or plain almond milk
½ cup mashed banana or natural applesauce
1 cup whole wheat flour (or combination of whole grains)
2 t aluminum free baking powder (I use Rumford)
½ t pink Himalayan salt
Mix everything in blender. Bake on griddle on med heat.

4 comments:

  1. I made these this morning using 1 ripe banana and they were a hit at our house. Thanks, yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to try these on the grand kids on Saturday morning. They sound amazing. I'll let you know what they think. What do you serve them with? I was thinking applesauce....what do you think ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly my children love them plain! (I tell them they do not need syrup because it is already inside of them!) But yes, applesauce would be good...or PURE maple syrup or some fresh fruit like bananas or strawberries would all be wonderful! Isabella has even eaten them with fresh mangoes as well!!

      Delete