Sunday, April 29, 2012

Dried Pineapple

I found pineapples at the store for .55 cents each one day...so of course I bought TONS and quickly started dehydrating them!  You want to wait until the pineapples are fairly ripe.  There are two ways to tell a pineapple is ripe. You can smell it or you can pull the very center leaves. If it pulls really easy, the pineapple is ripe. Peel and core the pineapple and cut into desired slices.  Place on food dehydrator tray and dry according to directions on food dehydrator.  I dried mine for approximately 15 hours at 155 degrees.  The pineapple is super sweet and is an excellent snack to munch on! It really is one of nature's best candy!! The intense pineapple flavor is so concentrated and seriously divine!

3 comments:

  1. So glad you are enjoying the dehydrator!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been making these for years and it is one of my favorites. I mix it with dehydrated apples and apricots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YUM! I am super excited for when the apricots are in season to try that!

      Delete