Monday, April 23, 2012

Peach & Kale Green Smoothie

Peaches and kale make a super yummy combination!  Especially in green smoothies!  I buy fresh Utah peaches when they are in season.  I cut them up with their peels on, place them on parchment paper on a big baking sheet, and stick them in the freezer to freeze them for smoothies! Then I have fresh peaches all year for delicious smoothies!

Peach & Kale Green Smoothie
1 1/2 cups water
3 cups kale
2 cups peaches 
1 frozen banana
 Sometimes I will even add an avocado to make it super creamy!

2 comments:

  1. So impressed! keep it up!

    So, my question is what you've done with desserts. I know you've loved them. Have you given them up? Have you turned to healthy alternatives? Only the rich ones occasionally? . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jill...I have given up my love for baking!! I decided I will only bake for birthdays and EXTRA special occasions! I have found joy in creating new smoothies and other healthy dishes instead! I hardly ever eat dessert anymore...occasionally only ones that are "worth" it to me! Stay tuned for a post on that!!

    ReplyDelete