Sunday, April 22, 2012

Green Smoothie Revolution by Victoria Boutenko

"When the solution is simple, God is answering." -Albert Einstein
This is what I felt like when I read this book. 

I found this book on Amazon at the very beginning of my journey to health. I wanted to do more things in my life that would help me and my family become more healthy. This seemed like the best place to start! I enjoyed learning how important adding more GREENS to our diet is and how green smoothies can give you so much energy, along with MANY other added benefits!! After reading the research, I was hooked! Thus began my addiction to green smoothies!  Green smoothies give me TONS of ENERGY, help me with my depression, and add BETTER nutrition to my lifestyle!  They are simply amazing!!

"To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often." -Winston Churchill
This book got me EXCITED to CHANGE my life! It gave me the passion to start to CHANGE my diet by consuming MORE fresh, raw fruits, greens, and vegetables!! I loved learning how the author pioneered the green smoothies revolution.  I found it amazing that the author came up with the idea of green smoothies partly by looking at the animal that is most genetically like a human (a chimpanzee shares an estimated 99.4% of the same genes) and then seeing what they eat. Chimps eat 50% fruit, 40% greens and the remaining 10% is seeds, bark and insects. These animals possess an extremely strong natural immunity to AIDS, hepatitis C, cancer, and other fatal human illnesses. I found this truly amazing!! I learned SO MUCH from this book! Another thing I thought was interesting is that GREENS are the only food that can be combined with every other food group without any negative results. Try a green smoothie today!

From back cover..."Raw food pioneer Victoria Boutenko takes the chore out of eating your greens with this simple solution to the ongoing struggle for proper nutrition. Thanks to consuming processed and fast foods, being overworked, and feeling stressed while eating on the fly, few of us in the modern rat race eat anywhere near a balanced diet. Even if we are not obviously sick, we may suffer from lack of focus, insomnia, sluggishness, or any host of symptoms caused by nutritional deficiency. Green Smoothie Revolution takes aim at this silent epidemic by restoring balance to out-of-whack diets. Boutenko's answer is the mouth watering and nutrition packed green smoothie. Requiring little prep time, the green smoothie is the easy way to introduce long-neglected fruits, vegetables, and greens back into our diet. Featuring 200 recipes, Green Smoothie Revolution offers simplicity, enough variety to keep taste buds happy, and raw food ingredients that give us nutrition our bodies crave."
 

No comments:

Post a Comment