Saturday, April 28, 2012

Healthy Tip: Buy a Dehydrator

I really wanted to be able to make healthy and nutritious snacks for my family...so I decided to buy a food dehydrator! I did not want to spend a lot at first, so I went with the Nesco Dehydrator, which is approximately $50 with a coupon from Bed Bath & Beyond.  This dehydrator dries food quickly and evenly. I can make dried fruit and fruit leather that is BETTER than candy! The dehydrator takes all the water out of the fruit and turns the fruit into very sweet, very healthy snacks to fix your sweet tooth cravings!!  YAY!! It is also wonderful to dry veggies and herbs from the garden to last all year! If I have too much of something or buy something in bulk, I can preserve it with my dehydrator instead of wasting! With a food dehydrator you can preserve your food and store it for months or years without it going bad. (Which can save A LOT of money!!) When you dry your food, you are also keeping the vitamins, nutrients and minerals intact. Gotta love that! AND drying things with your food dehydrator is FUN!!  It has been exciting to experiment!!

No comments:

Post a Comment