Sunday, April 29, 2012

Dried Red Bosc Pears

I was at my friends house and tried some of her dried pears!  It was like little jewels of heaven in my mouth!  I LOVED them!  So my first experiment in my food dehydrator was making dried pears.  I found red Bosc pears on sale so I went with them! Wash and dry the pears with skin on, core them, and cut in uniform slices.  Dip the pears in a bath of fresh squeezed orange juice (or other acid) to prevent oxidation, vitamin loss and ugly browning in dried pears. Place pears in a single layer on food dehydrator tray and dry according to your food dehydrators instructions. I dried my pears at 155 degrees for approximately 10 hours. I use my pears as a healthy sweet snack plain.  But, you can also put them in oatmeal, preserves, trail mix, salads, and muffins!

No comments:

Post a Comment